Apple cider vinegar is a powerful and all-natural product, and the uses for apple cider vinegar in your daily life are almost endless.
We’ve rounded up 25 of our favorite ways to use apple cider vinegar, and while you may be familiar with a few of these apple cider vinegar uses, you’re sure to find a few new ideas as well. Enjoy!
1. Wash store bought produce — Rinse produce in 4 tablespoons cider vinegar dissolved in a gallon of cold water. This wash will remove dirt, pesticides, and insects—it’s truly one of the best uses for apple cider vinegar.
2. Soothe a sunburn — Apply apple cider vinegar to affected area with a cotton ball to keep the skin moistened. This will also help to prevent blistering and peeling.
3. Skin toner — A mixture of 1 part apple cider and 3 parts water applied to the face with a cotton ball can help reduce oil and even shrink pores. Apple cider vinegar is the right ph for your skin, regular vinegar is too acidic and can irritate the skin. Here is a great recipe for apple cider vinegar facial toner.
4.Breath freshener — When you think of ways to use apple cider vinegar, I’ll bet mouthwash wasn’t at the top of the list! Actually, apple cider vinegar mixed with water makes a great mouthwash. Swishing will break down plaque and bacteria that cause bad breath in your mouth. This is one of the most unique but effective uses for apple cider vinegar.
5. Whiter teeth — Rub apple cider vinegar directly onto teeth to help remove stains.
6. Wart removal — Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it over the wart, then attach it with a band aid. Some swelling may occur. When the wart falls off, continue treatment for a few more days to prevent the wart from reforming.
7. Flea repellant — One part apple cider and one part water sprayed onto your pet’s fur and rubbed into the skin can repel fleas. Repeat this process for a few days until fleas are gone.
8. Toilet cleaner — Pour apple cider vinegar into toilet and leave overnight.
9. Cure foot fungus — Soak your feet in 1 cup apple cider vinegar in water, or apply directly to help remedy tough fungal infections.
10. Treat dandruff — Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar with water, apply to the scalp with a spray bottle. leave on the scalp up to 2 hours. This process should be done 1-2 times a week for best results.
11. Aftershave — Fill a bottle with half apple cider and water. Splash onto the face after shaving. It works as an antiseptic to clean out cuts, closes pores, and moisturizes the skin. One of the many great uses for apple cider vinegar!
12. Detoxifying bath — Add 1-2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar to bath. Your skin will feel moisturized and soft and it will also draw toxins out of the body.
13. Hiccups remedy — Take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to stop hiccups.
14. Treat indigestion — About 30 minutes before you eat, sip on a glass of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey to make a preemptive strike against painful indigestion.
15. Leg cramps treatment — Mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar with water and drink before bedtime to ease leg cramps.
16. Window cleaner — Apple cider vinegar mixed with part water makes a great streak free window cleaner, this is another one of my favorite ways to use apple cider vinegar in my home.
17. Unclog shower head — Soak shower head in full strength apple cider vinegar overnight.
18. Household cleaner — Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar, this is a great natural household cleaner for counters, sinks, floors.
19. Remove skunk odor — Apple cider vinegar neutralizes skunk odor. Let’s hope you never need this one!
20. Skin therapy — Helps to reduce inflammation caused from psoriasis.
21. Reduce varicose veins — Dab apple cider vinegar on your varicose veins before going to bed.
22. Deodorant — Rub into your armpits to naturally neutralize body odor.
23. Reduce appearance of age spots — Apply to age spots before going to bed to reduce their appearance.
24. Itch relief — Apply undiluted with a cotton ball to bug bites and bee stings.
25. Minor cuts and abrasions — One part apple cider vinegar five parts water, applied with a cotton ball.
We hope you enjoyed our list of 25 ways to use apple cider vinegar in your daily routine!
What are your favorite uses for apple cider vinegar?