Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe
Prepare yourself for an obscene number of pictures of these pumpkin spice cupcakes. Seriously, these cupcakes were so good and so pretty that I just want to do a happy dance.
Crazy-gorgeous pumpkin spice cupcakes!
These are truly the BEST pumpkin spice cupcakes. Don’t believe me? Taste with your eyes.
See what I mean? Gorgeous.
My mom and I came up with this pumpkin spice cupcakes recipe last week while playing in the kitchen. We wanted a cupcake that had a definite pumpkin flavor, and of course, we also wanted it to be sweet, moist and delicious.
When my husband tried this particular pumpkin cupcake he said, “This is easily the best cupcake I’ve ever had.”
Of course, if you’ve been reading Parent Pretty over the past few weeks, you know that I just straight-up LOVE PUMPKIN DESSERTS.
I’m ready to break out the pumpkin recipes by the first week of September!
A lot of the pumpkin desserts I’ve tried have just a hint of pumpkin flavor. I think what makes these pumpkin cupcakes unique is the full pumpkin SPICE flavor. It’s really special.
Top it off with a lovely swirl of cream cheese frosting and a little sprinkling of chopped walnuts and you’re pretty much in pumpkin heaven.
Pumpkin heaven… I like that. In fact, I was so inspired by these little beauties that I felt like a little bokeh could only enhance the experience.
Cupcakes + bokeh = happy Crissy.
One little tip, if you’re going to try these cupcakes make sure you fill your cupcake liners to at least 2/3 full. These cupcakes don’t rise as much your typical cupcake batter.
I filled the liners in the first batch about half full, and they didn’t quite reach the top of the papers. We still ate them, but they didn’t turn out as pretty as the second batch where I filled the liners 2/3 (if not a little more).
Personally, I’d rather have the cupcakes muffin-topping over the edges a bit than have them not reach the top of the liners.
Now for a bite.
I’m actually having a pumpkin cupcakes craving again just looking at these last few photos!
If you decide to give my pumpkin spice cupcakes recipe a try, I’d love to hear how they turn out! I hope you love them as much as my family did!
Pumpkin spice cupcakes
Yield: 18 cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
Cream cheese frosting
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter(1/2 cup), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 cups powdered sugar
Chopped walnuts for garnish optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners: set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth, add pumpkin and mix.
3. Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners, filling each about to about 2/3 full. These do not rise a LOT, so, err on the side of more full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched. Transfer to wire rack cool completely before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting
1. With electric mixer, mix cream cheese and butter together until very smooth.
2. Add vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach desired thickness and sweetness.
3. Optionally, sprinkle tops with chopped walnuts.
Copyright Parent Pretty. Please do not republish our recipes and images without permission. Please do not copy & paste recipes and share them elsewhere. If you like this recipe, and we hope you do, feel free to write about it on your own blog. We ask that you use your own images and rewrite the recipe. Always include a link back to this article when shared on blogs or social media. Thanks!